top of page
Graduates Holding Diplomas

Certification and License

It is important to recognize the Christian Counseling Degree Program at Feed My Sheep School of Counseling is not a state license and is in fact distinctly different.  Most states have regulatory laws governing the practice of psychology.  


Consequently, many of them similarly legislate, oversee and administrate the practice of general counseling.  These laws will vary from state to state. Therefore credentialed Christian Counselors must operate within certain state guidelines.  For example, some states have a counselor category called “Licensed Professional Counselor” or “Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor”. The state licensed counselor will use the initials LPC or LCPC.  


Likewise, the National Christian Counselors Association has category called "Licensed Pastoral Counselor" and "Licensed Clinical Pastoral Counselor". The Christian Counselor may not use the initials LPC or LCPC. The NCCA licensing board requires its licensed counselor to clearly identify their license by using their full title, e.g. “NCCA Licensed Pastoral Counselor” or “NCCA Licensed Clinical Christian Counselor” with the title spelled out clearly.  This ensures that the NCCA licensed counselor is being honest with the public and operating within legal and ethical standards, and maintaining the public’s trust and confidence.


State regulatory laws help to protect the public and ensure professionalism within the counseling profession.  The NCCA and FEED MY SHEEP SCHOOL OF COUNSELING strive to attain a similar goal within the Christian community and, at the same time, operate so as to avoid infringing upon state regulations.


The state and federal governments also have jurisdictional boundaries.  They do not pass laws that prevent the Church from fulfilling its purpose of ministering to humanity’s needs.  The state recognizes that counseling is one of the responsibilities of the Church and its clergy.  For this reason, the state does not interfere with the Ministry of Counseling.


FEED MY SHEEP SCHOOL OF COUNSELING requires all who are certified by the NCCA Licensing Board of Examiners to:

l. Be credentialed ministers (ordained, licensed or commissioned) whose goal is to evangelize and ease the emotional pain and suffering of humanity.

2. Provide their service under the authority of a legally organized local church, a national church organization, or a 501 (c) (3) not-for-profit ministry.

3. Complete specialized training provided by FEED MY SHEEP SCHOOL OF COUNSELING.

4. Complete the minimum requirements for continuing education and annual license renewal.

5. Uphold NCCA’s Code of Ethical Standards and maintain annual membership in the NCCA.


The National Christian Counselors Association’s published Code of Ethical Standards outlines all of the procedures involved in dismissal, revocation, probation and reinstatement of an individual’s membership, certification and/or license.



The NCCA is fully accredited by the Accrediting Commission International as a comprehensive Accredited Member. For information regarding the standing of the NCCA please go to

The NCCA is also fully accredited by the National Private School Accreditation Alliance. For information see



Upon satisfactory completion of the required coursework, administering APS’s, supervised experience hours, written responses to 50 board questions and case studies the FEED MY SHEEP SCHOOL OF COUNSELING student will be certified as a pastoral counselor. This certification is supported by the NCCA, the National Christian Counselors Association.



The authority to practice counseling as a pastoral counselor is not given by FEED MY SHEEP SCHOOL OF COUNSELING or the NCCA. That authority is given by the church and the church’s recognition. Therefore, an additional requirement to be certified as a Licensed Pastoral Counselor is the commissioning to ministry by the church. Completion of the FEED MY SHEEP SCHOOL OF COUNSELING training should qualify you to be commissioned by your local church. Should you choose an alternative for commissioning such as the National Conservative Christian Church, a well respected licensing organization that has a partnership with FEED MY SHEEP SCHOOL OF COUNSELING and the NCCA, we will assist you in this step as a part of your course completion. Licensure will be as a Certified Pastoral Counselor or a Licensed Pastoral Counselor depending on the highest degree held by the student.



The Christian Counseling Degree program is available through a number of partner institutions. Earning a Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree or Doctorate will require completion of the coursework, a matriculation fee and membership in the NCCA. Students interested in a degree completion program should speak to their supervisor to work out the exact requirements and program needed.

christian counseling

Feed My Sheep School of Counseling is an educational and training institute for Pastors and Christians interested in earning a Christian Counseling Degree.

bottom of page